Information Governance Consultant
Information Management Consultant
Records Management Consultant
Rick Stirling is a recognized expert and pioneer in the Information Management community in both Canada and the United States. Rick has extensive business experience in both the public and private sectors, possesses a comprehensive knowledge of information technology, infrastructure, enterprise software, and an in depth understanding of the integration required for today’s Information Management solutions.
Rick was involved in the first content management and electronic records management software solutions ever created, and with over forty years in the Information Technology (IT) field, Rick is one of Canada’s most respected authorities on the subject.
Rick has always been a strong influence with the ARMA community, serving ARMA Canada as Region Manager, President, Marketing Director, Chapter President and the ARMA International Board of Directors. Rick always supported the development of industry standards and takes great pride in being an inaugural Task force member for the ARMA “Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles”.
In recent years Rick saw the need for more involvement with strategic and business development within the information management profession. Rick was easily convinced to participate in the development and ongoing review of ARMA Information Governance initiatives, serving on the Information Governance Professional task force, and the Information Governance Professional Board.
Business involvement with senior level management personnel in a wide variety of business settings has enabled Rick to formulate a clear view of the existing information management issues and the potential for Information governance to bring significant value to organizations.
Rick is frequently called to assist in the positioning of technology projects and information management within an organization and deliver the business value message to the Executive/Board level. Rick is a frequent speaker and workshop presenter at public events in both Canada and USA and is available for personalized corporate sessions as well.
Rick is President of WesternIM.
Brian Heinz, I.S.P., ITCP
Information Governance Consultant
Project Management Office (PMO)
Brian has a diverse background in information management spanning over forty years, including experience in planning, design, system development, programming, analysis, solution implementation, geographic information systems, drafting, educator, health services, mining, banking, strategic planning and audit. Brian has worked for a diverse group including both private and public industry:
- Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology, Standards of Practice project team
- Capilano Community College, North Vancouver BC, instructor
- City of Saskatoon, manager IT financial systems, internal auditor, GIS coordinator
- District of Coquitlam, IT analyst and developer, IT operations
- Kanotech Information Systems, Edmonton, GIS consultant
- Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, IT Programmer Analyst
- Laurentide Financial /National Bank, analyst
- Philips Data Division, Winnipeg/Vancouver, developer
- Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, consultant, IT manager
- Teranet International Corporation, GIS consultant
Development of excellent organizational skills and the ability to view projects from various perspectives enables Brian to apply best practice project management to maximize client value.
Brian maintains his Information Systems Professional of Canada (I.S.P.) and internationally recognized Information Technology Certified Professional (ITCP) designations.
Involvement in community includes:
- Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS), Board Member and local section President, CIPS Saskatchewan Director-at-Large
- Saskatchewan Advanced Technology Association, founding member
- Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM), member
- Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA), member
- Canadian Diabetes Association, local Board member
- Lawson Heights Community Association, local Board member
Brian is General manager at WesternIM.
Darrell Schroeder, P.Eng., M.Sc., BAC, ECMm
System Engineer and Architect
Integration and Implementation Specialist
Darrell is a registered Professional Engineer and has been certified at the Master level for Enterprise Content Management by AIIM and has been vendor certified on Tier 1 content management solutions.
Darrell has been a long serving member of:
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geophysicists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- International Association of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM)
With over thirty years of experience in the Information Technology (IT) industry, Darrell has an extensive background across the IT spectrum including: networking, operating systems, databases, imaging systems, application development and client PCs and mobile devices and has spent the last twelve years implementing Enterprise Content Management systems across Canada and the United States.
As the WesternIM team lead Darrell reviews the current state of client systems, collaborates with the client to determine where the client wants to be, identifies discrepancies and activities required to effect the change, assists in setting priorities to achieve the desired results.
As owner of his own technology company for over 20 years, Darrell has accumulated considerable experience and technical competency which has enables him to bring together technology components to best serve tangible business needs and deliver superior value to the client. Darrell Schroeder is the Director of Systems Integration and the lead Systems Architect for WesternIM.
Troy Sawyer, BSc.